|Welcome||About us||5th STATT||Pictures|
|Astro-Tourism||Accessibility||Cooperation||Dark Sky Park|
Sankt Andreasberg instead of Namibia
The starlit sky above Namibia is considered the Mecca for well-off amateur astronomers. However, Sankt Andreasberg also provides perfect visual conditions on many days of the year, for amateur astronomers and everybody who wants to take a peek at the universe.
You can observe galaxies, planets, comets, the moon and the sun – with the naked eye, with binoculars or sophisticated telescopes and cameras.
We advance the development of the astrotourism in the Upper Harz by
- creating opportunities to observe the night sky on our grounds – throughout the whole year
- cooperating with schools and the International House Sonnenberg
- organising the star party STATT (Sankt Andreasberg Star Party) with attendees from across Germany
- giving lectures and offering the opportunity to observe the sky to tourists
- organising “astronomy days” in Germany, open nights, work groups, astro-evenings, excursions and exhibitions…
informatory talks on the open day of astronomy 2012
tourists get the chance to observe the sun